The Ray in Our Despair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum Dedicated to D'espairsRay and their MANIA

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lyric Translations

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
XgenKaKu
Admin
XgenKaKu

Lyric Translations Empty
PostSubject: Lyric Translations   Lyric Translations Empty1st July 2011, 12:40 am

If you need help with a translation for D'espa's lyrics, you can ask for help here! Try to avoid asking for help with the whole song, though.
Back to top Go down
Merveilleuse

Merveilleuse

Lyric Translations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lyric Translations   Lyric Translations Empty3rd July 2011, 7:45 pm

Lately I had that one phrase on my mind that is the first stanza of Tsuki no kioku!

It's "zutto ooki na yume o daite taisetsu ni nemuru" right?

Well first, the meaning of 'taisetsu' as I've learned is 'important' both in an emotional and objective sense. Sooo does 'taisetsu ni nemuru' translate as 'importantly sleeping' or is there a deeper meaning I fail to grasp?
Back to top Go down
ZEROgasm
Admin
ZEROgasm

Lyric Translations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lyric Translations   Lyric Translations Empty8th July 2011, 6:21 am

Merveilleuse wrote:
Sooo does 'taisetsu ni nemuru' translate as 'importantly sleeping' or is there a deeper meaning I fail to grasp?

I'd translate it as "precious sleeping"
Back to top Go down
Merveilleuse

Merveilleuse

Lyric Translations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lyric Translations   Lyric Translations Empty8th July 2011, 8:21 am

...what does that even mean. How is one sleeping preciously? sleeping with care? cherishing sleeping?
Back to top Go down
ZEROgasm
Admin
ZEROgasm

Lyric Translations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lyric Translations   Lyric Translations Empty8th July 2011, 8:57 am

It's hard to translate in English XD I knew immediatly what does that mean in Finnish but translating it to English is more difficult, lol. XD

Like... "Sleeping is precious". (pst, värdefull på svenska)
Back to top Go down

Lyric Translations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lyric Translations   Lyric Translations Empty8th July 2011, 3:24 pm

I got two translations for this phrase and I have two interpretations...

'while embracing a much more bigger dream I'm sleeping carefully' <- what a friend translated by herself
'I embrace my ambitious dream the whole time while sleeping cautiously...' <- what she found (in a LJ community I think...)

so I'd say the dream is so important, that the person is sleeping carefully to "protect" this dream.
OR
this person doesn't want to wake up to not lose the dream (because it's so precious)

I hope this is understandable >.<
Back to top Go down
Merveilleuse

Merveilleuse

Lyric Translations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lyric Translations   Lyric Translations Empty9th July 2011, 11:42 am

Oh I get it now after reading both your comments!
Thank you ^__^

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lyric Translations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lyric Translations   Lyric Translations Empty

Back to top Go down

Lyric Translations
Page 1 of 1