HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Last chance to see them!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ZEROgasm
Admin

PostSubject: Last chance to see them!   29th June 2011, 1:41 pm

FINAL FC trip is going to be held Aug. 9-10th 2011.

I think it wil be in Chiba but more details about it will be coming soon.

What do you think? Is someone going?

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
“D’espairsRay will stay the best band in the world
which will be long remembered by everybody
even if it disbands.”
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Last chance to see them!   29th June 2011, 9:36 pm

OMG I'd sell my soul to get there somehow, but I have no chance.. T___T"" But maybe years from now when I'll be living in Tokyo I run into them on the street.. Seems like that's the only hope left for me ^^"
Back to top Go down
Prinsect

PostSubject: Re: Last chance to see them!   29th June 2011, 10:21 pm

I wish I could go. It's hard to think about them going on haitus, especially since it's indefinite and it's because Hizumi is in bad health.

Is there going to be video footage of the final?
Back to top Go down
ZEROgasm
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Last chance to see them!   30th June 2011, 8:59 am

Prinsect wrote:
Is there going to be video footage of the final?
I don't think so. Usually they don't take any footage of the FC trips.

More details about the FC trip!

☆Bus ride with members
☆A party with the members
☆Pictures with the members

...and more!

Prices:

Tokyo departure: ¥49,800 / person
Actual place price: ¥44,800 / person

It's in Tokyo, hotel called "mikazuki"

--

I was planning to go but it's way too expensive. ú____ù

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
“D’espairsRay will stay the best band in the world
which will be long remembered by everybody
even if it disbands.”
Back to top Go down
chimamire-no-bara

PostSubject: Re: Last chance to see them!   30th June 2011, 9:40 am

I haven't a change to go there even I want to go to there so badly (T__T)
You who get to there are so lucky and I'm totally jealous for you all, because I can't go...
Now again I thinking with myself that I couldn't be born to Japan, it would be so much easier for me
Back to top Go down
HiXzu

PostSubject: Re: Last chance to see them!   30th June 2011, 6:09 pm

I would love to go.. But holy crap o.o SO MUCH MONEY TO PAY..... That's a littlleeeee to much. But yea.. It's also an awesome and last chance to see them and MEET them. I think, if I would had the chance I would take it, even for that price.
Back to top Go down
violetzakuro

PostSubject: Re: Last chance to see them!   3rd July 2011, 1:29 am

too bad I won't be available to travel anywhere on August. and the money... geez I'll need God to grant me a money tree from now on. I'm totally broke this year T____T

D'espairsRay, oh D'espairsRay, how I'd love to see you guys but I never had the chance *sobs*
Back to top Go down
unnyo

PostSubject: Re: Last chance to see them!   3rd July 2011, 6:28 am

I would love to go!! but no money plus I'll be in Finland that time. life is cruel T__T
Back to top Go down
Desert_Rain

PostSubject: Re: Last chance to see them!   3rd July 2011, 8:37 am

I saw D'espairsRay only once in my life. Unforgetable memories...
And I can't go to Tokyo in August to see them...
But I'm not really sad about it. Because I believe we can meet by chance again...
Back to top Go down
Merveilleuse

PostSubject: Re: Last chance to see them!   3rd July 2011, 7:19 pm

ffffff-

These fan club-trips...
Don't you think they're kinda weird? I can't really picture a western rock band doing that. But then again, they're still part of the creepy visual kei-apparatus.
Back to top Go down
Snaphaantje

PostSubject: Re: Last chance to see them!   7th July 2011, 2:36 pm

I agree with Merveilleuse. There are many things I'm trying to get my head around when it comes to the Visual Kei scenery. I'm absolutely amazed about the various kinds of fanservice, video comments, offshots with craziness in them, funtime TV shows, weird quizshow appearances, outrageous drinking sessions and these fanclub trips. I'm not against them at all, it's just so different from Western bands. It's a reason why I feel much more drawn to this, because it makes me extremely curious. Not just towards the bands, but also towards their way of doing things. It's nice to see how even when it comes to subjects like these, there are great differences into how bandmembers surround themselves with their fan's attention. What do you guys think?

As for the question. Nope, I can't go... but know someone who will and when she's been and blogged about it, I'll post a link here and keep you all updated about her report on the trip.
Back to top Go down
Merveilleuse

PostSubject: Re: Last chance to see them!   8th July 2011, 9:12 am

Snaphaantje wrote:
I'm absolutely amazed about the various kinds of fanservice, video comments, offshots with craziness in them, funtime TV shows, weird quizshow appearances, outrageous drinking sessions and these fanclub trips...

Well isn't this kind of what essentially is Visual kei nowadays? It is kind of an alternative equivalent to Johnny's boys, and I don't like that at all. I guess we've all heard some creepy stories of managers exploiting their young artists in all kinds of ways, and we all know what VK artists are good at earning money. Think of all the A,B and C versions of their albums and singles, trading cards, posters, all the different kinds of merch... not a lot of western bands do this. Often the music is not at all as good as the t-shirt so to speak, in fact must VK bands' music is quite terrible. There's just not enough musical talent in the genre.

As you might have noticed a lot of bands more or less abandons the classic visual kei elements when they make it big. Those who have real talent will eventually be recognized for it and having that something like that to lean on, they no longer have to wear lipstick to attract attention. This hasn't always got something to do with the labels wanting them to "attract a bigger audience" or whatnot.

Did anyone read that old interview what was circling around VK forums and ljs a while back? It was supposedly an interview with a vengeful "ex-Visual kei-label-employee" who was determined to drag the very name of Vk in the dirt. Was that real, or just trolling?
Back to top Go down
Snaphaantje

PostSubject: Re: Last chance to see them!   8th July 2011, 11:00 am

I agree it's hard to filter the 'better bands' out of the pool of Visual Kei. I haven't been into Jrock for a long time, so I cannot really pinpoint the various changes the scenery has gone through. I do however get annoyed by bands whose music is of a poor quality and gain popularity through their 'looks'. It feels as though they're not only taking their music not seriously, but also their fans. As long as the music is good, I don't mind what these bands look like. The music sells the band for me. A 'natural' kind of attitude towards fans is very important too, but the whole overdone (sometimes 'Yaoi') fanservice etc... All in good fun, but if that's what a band relies on, there's something wrong.

I do believe that being in this business is truly a hardship having to fight your way to the top. If you read back into the struggle that's become D'espairsRay where they had no money at all, travelled at their own expenses and showing up for venues where only a handful of people actually came to cheer them on... I do understand you'll have to do something to stand out. They've done some pretty crazy things too. Hence some bands pushing it.

The selling of different editions of singles, albums and DVD's I believe has to do with the scenery being much smaller than is often assumed. Here where I live, none of my family or friends had ever heard of Japanese Rock in general. Name bands and they're completely oblivious to the fact that there is even such a thing as Jrock at all.
The editions are supposed to attract as wide a range as possible and bands sometimes reprint their editions, because they get sold out fast due to the first print being small enough to secure the sales. There's nothing wrong with making money, after all this is what they have to live of. I do agree though that it's a shame so many are losing themselves in the process of doing so.

I don't know about that interview you're talking about, but for an interesting view on the Vkei world I recommend reading this:
Globalizing Visual Kei. If you find that interview you were talking about, I'd like to have a read ^^
Back to top Go down
Merveilleuse

PostSubject: Re: Last chance to see them!   8th July 2011, 4:51 pm

Wow, those articles were actually pretty good! Good insight and eye-opener for some. It's basically what this interview said, just less less shrewd and more friendly.
I found it by the way, here.
Obviously, the guy's a troll, but there might be more truth in that article than you'd want to believe.
However I think it's important that every fan learns what is going on with their idols, the Globalizing Visual kei-articles were truly very helpful!

Snaphaantje, I agree with you on most point, you are very insightful and intelligent, but I fear the mods are getting troubled by us getting very much out of topic :>
Back to top Go down
Snaphaantje

PostSubject: Re: Last chance to see them!   8th July 2011, 4:57 pm

Oops, you're right. Completely off topic indeed. Let's move on silent Thank you for your kind words. It's nice to talk about these things with Jrock fans, since I don't know any here. (Of course I do promote!) Thank you for the interview. I'll read it soon.

As for the FC trip. I'm really curious as to how it will go. Hopefully someone on this forum will get to go after all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last chance to see them!   

Back to top Go down

Last chance to see them!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Ray in Our Despair :: general discussion :: NEWS-
Jump to: